Nothing says "holidays" better than homemade sugar cookies. Here's a favorite recipe of ours.
Makes about 3 dozen cookies.
- 1 cup butter, softened
- 1 cup granulated sugar
- 2 eggs
- 1½ tsp vanilla extract
- 3¾ cups all-purpose flour
- 2 tsp baking powder
- ¼ cup heavy whipping cream
- ½ cup colored sugar for decoration, optional
- In a medium bowl, cream together butter and sugar. Add eggs and vanilla. Sift together flour and baking powder; stir into creamed mixture, alternating with the heavy cream. Cover dough and chill for 2 to 3 hours until firm.
- Preheat oven to 350° F (175° C). Grease cookie sheets or use a Silpat liner. On a lightly floured surface, roll out dough to ¼" thickness. Cut into desired shapes with cookie cutters. Place cookies 1" apart on prepared cookie sheets. Sprinkle with colored sugar if desired.
- Bake for 12 to 14 minutes in preheated oven until bottoms and edges of cookies are light brown. Remove from baking sheet and cool on wire racks. Store in an airtight container. Makes about 3 dozen cookies.
Sur La Table - Easter Collection Basket Full of Goodies. Charming décor, gifts and bakeware help fill the home with delightful treats for an extra special Easter day.
Easter Cookie Cutter Set, Set of 3 from Sur La Table
Create fun cookies in bunny, chick and egg shapes. Perfect for Easter baking, these cookie cutters make a delightful tradition the entire family can enjoy. Solid copper construction.
Wilton Hoppy Shapes 4pc Color Cookie Cutter Set from Amazon
Springtime favorites in pastels of the season. Includes egg, bunny, tulip and butterfly. Recipe included. Each approx. 3 1/2 in.